Many of us want to make the world a better place. One way to do this is through ensuring we achieve the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) The goals are as follows:
1) End extreme poverty and hunger
2) Achieve universal primary education
3) Promote gender equality and empower women
4) Reduce child mortality
5) Improve maternal health
6) Combat HIV/AIDS, malaria, and other major diseases
7) Ensure environmental sustainability
8) Develop a global partnership for development
We live in a world of 7 billion people, but not everyone enjoys the same opportunities: some face extreme hardship. Families lack access to enough food or clean water; parents can't send their children to quality schools; women face discrimination, whether conspicuous or subtle, and major diseases are causing suffering in many parts of the world.
Over the next week, I'm going to review the goals and develop an action plan on how I can help. I'll post my findings here. What key actions can we take to improve the experiences of the people in our world?